The Health Professions Student Loan program provides long-term, low interest rate loans to full-time, financially needy students to pursue a degree in dentistry, optometry, pharmacy, podiatric medicine, or veterinary medicine.
The financial aid office will determine the amount of funds students are able to borrow based on demonstrated student need and funds available.
Primary Care Loan
The Primary Care Loan program provides long-term, low interest rate loans to full-time, financially needy students to pursue a degree in allopathic or osteopathic medicine.
Loan for Disadvantage Students
The Loans for Disadvantaged Students program provides long-term, low-interest rate loans to full-time, financially needy students from disadvantaged backgrounds, to pursue a degree in allopathic medicine, osteopathic medicine, dentistry, optometry, podiatric medicine, pharmacy or veterinary medicine.
To apply for the Health Professions Programs, the student must:
- Submit pg. 1 of the Application for Health Professions Loans to the UA College of Medicine Financial Aid Office (mail, email, or fax)
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2017-2018 academic year and list the University of Arizona to receive the information. the UA school code is 001083.
- Submit parental financial information as required by one of the following methods:
- Add their financial information to your 2017-2018 FAFSA
- Parents sign electronically using their own FSA ID number, or print, sign, and submit a signature page to the Federal Processor; OR your parent can complete and sign pgs. 4-6 of the Application for Health Professions LoansIf your parents requested a tax extension we advise they ensure accuracy of estimated tax information. As they may need to submit corrections to our office on a signed and dated copy of that form.
Health Professions Loan Overview
For more details about the loan, please visit the: Health Professions Loan Overview
Students and Parents who did not file Taxes
If your parents did not file taxes for the 2015 tax year, please complete the 2017-2018 Parent Certificate of Non-Filer and submit with application.
If you did not file taxes for the 2015 tax year, please complete the 2017-2018 Student Certificate of Non-Filer and submit with application.