Financial Aid disbursements will begin 10 days prior to the start of your first course.
Fall 2019 Disbursement Schedule
Financial aid disbursements occur Monday thru Friday during each semester, starting on the first official disbursement day for each class. Before any funds are paid to a student we must check for enrolled units, academic progress, To Do checklist items, and other disbursement conditions. All financial aid awards are divided into two equal disbursements paid to the student, half in the fall term and half in the spring term, unless otherwise noted.
Financial aid for Fall 2019 will start disbursing will start disbursing on the dates provided below for each medical student class year. For dynamically dated module courses, financial aid will automatically release 10 days prior to the start of the earliest scheduled course on UAccess Student Center.
NOTE: If you do not have a Fall 2019 course that begins on your respective start date, then your financial aid will NOT disburse until 10 days prior to the start of your first enrolled course and a ‘Fin Aid Disbursement Hold’ will be added to your UAccess Student account. This hold will automatically release once it's 10 days prior to your first course.
- MS1 = week of July 22, 2019
- MS2= week of August 5, 2019
- MS3= week of August 12, 2019
- MS4 = week of July 1, 2019
Financial Aid Disbursement Overview
Each student must complete the following prior to disbursement:
- Complete a 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Review Outstanding "To Do List" in UAccess Student Center
- Review Oustanding "Notices and Holds" in Uaccess Student Center
- Ensure you are enrolled in at least 9 units for Fall 2019 and enrollment has been posted to UAccess Student Center
Financial Aid Disbursement Requirements
Complete the following in UAccess Student Center:
- Accept your 2020 ‘Aid Year’ loans
- Confirm you have a minimum of 9 units for Fall 2019
- Contact Registrar’s Office for further enrollment questions
- REMINDER: You must be enrolled with dates that span the duration of the spring semester or you will be subject to a prorated cost of attendance.
- Any ‘Holds’ in the ‘Notice & Holds’ section
- Common holds:
- Past Due Balance No Adds: prevents enrollment and you must pay any past due balances as your future aid (Fall 2019) cannot cover these charges.
- Fin Aid Disbursement Hold for Dynamic Dated Module Only Fall: prevents financial aid from disbursing and it will automatically release 10 days prior to the start of your earliest scheduled course in UAccess.
- Campus Health-Expanded Immuniz: prevents enrollment and you must complete the steps within the details of the hold as outlined by Campus Health.
- Common holds:
- Clear any ‘To Do List’ items
Grants, Scholarships, Waivers and Stipends
The College of Medicine – Tucson Financial Aid Office confirms that disbursement conditions are met for grants, scholarships, waivers and stipends. We do not approve or deny these awards since they are managed by other organizations.
If you are to receive QTR or any third-party payments, we will coordinate your financial aid awards around these funds. The amount of your financial aid awarded will be reduced. Please tell us if you are anticipating a QTR or other third-party payment.