We disburse financial aid beginning on the first official disbursement day of each semester. Disbursements always take place during the business week.
You must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to receive financial aid each academic year. Your financial aid awards are typically packaged for the academic year and are divided into two equal halves for a Fall and Spring disbursement.
Any funds remaining in your bursar’s account will be used to pay off your balance before they are refunded to you via check or web refund. Checks may take 5-7 business days to arrive, and web refunds may take 2-4 business days to show in your bank account.
Outstanding requirements in UAccess may delay your disbursements. Check your “To Do List” and “Notices & Holds” in UAccess Student Center to confirm you have satisfied all your requirements.
You must be registered for at least 9 units order to receive your disbursement.
Financial Aid Requirements
Complete the following in UAccess Student Center:
1) Accept your 2018 ‘Aid Year’ loans
2) Confirm you have a minimum of 9 units for fall 2017
- Contact Registrar’s Office for further enrollment questions
- REMINDER: You must be enrolled with dates that span the duration of the fall semester or you will be subject to a prorated cost of attendance.
3) Any ‘Holds’ in the ‘Notice & Holds’ section
- Past Due Balance No Adds: prevents enrollment and you must pay any past due balances as your future aid (Fall 2017) cannot cover these charges.
- Fin Aid Disbursement Hold for Dynamic Dated Module Only Spring: prevents financial aid from disbursing and it will automatically release 10 days prior to the start of your earliest scheduled course in UAccess.
- Campus Health-Expanded Immuniz: prevents enrollment and you must complete the steps within the details of the hold as outlined by Campus Health.
4) Any ‘To Do List’ items
Grants, Scholarships, Waivers and Stipends
The College of Medicine – Tucson Financial Aid Office confirms that disbursement conditions are met for grants, scholarships, waivers and stipends. We do not approve or deny these awards since they are managed by other organizations.
If you are to receive QTR or any third-party payments, we will coordinate your financial aid awards around these funds. The amount of your financial aid awarded will be reduced. Please tell us if you are anticipating a QTR or other third-party payment.