Scholarship Universe is an advanced scholarship management system for students at the University of Arizona. Scholarship Universe can help match you to thousands of UA and non-UA scholarship opportunities.
College of Medicine – Tucson Scholarships
The College of Medicine – Tucson offers a variety of scholarships to entering and continuing medical students.
Up to 10 percent of UArizona College of Medicine – Tucson students are eligible to receive free tuition while helping address the state’s primary care shortage in underserved areas. The 2023-2024 Academic Year application is now open for the incoming Class of 2027 and continuing medical students, please refer to the following dates and deadlines:
- Application final deadline is Monday, June 5th, 2023! Applicants will be notified by the lastest June 30th, 2023 of the results.
Partnership with COM & Navajo Nation
Opens March 15th
Deadline June 25th
Key points of the Navajo Nation Future Physicians’ Scholarship Fund:
• The agreement is in effect for six years and then reviewed for renewal
• The fund will provide financial aid and academic support for up to seven Navajo scholars per year, to help them earn a medical degree from the UA College of Medicine – Tucson or the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix.
• Current UA medical students will be eligible for the awards, as will students who are accepted into the Pre-Medical Admissions Pathway (PMAP) program at the UA College of Medicine – Tucson, or the Pathway Scholars Program (PSP) at the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix. Both programs are designed to prepare students from rural and economically challenged parts of Arizona to qualify for entrance to medical school.
• Navajo medical students who receive support from the Navajo Nation Future Physicians’ Scholarship Fund, and earn their medical degrees, will be required to serve the Navajo people for a minimum of five years upon completing their post-MD medical residency programs.
• The UA Colleges of Medicine in Tucson and Phoenix will match the scholarship funds provided to students by the Navajo Department of Diné (Navajo) Education.
• Financial assistance will cover tuition
Qualified Tuition Reduction (QTR) and Third-party Funding
If you are to receive QTR or any third-party payments, we will coordinate your financial aid awards around these funds. The amount of your financial aid awarded will be reduced. Please tell us if you are anticipating a QTR or other third-party payment.
If you receive an external award from a non-UA organization and would like to have the funds placed in your student financial aid account, please follow these steps:
- Notify the Office of Financial Aid via email at email@example.com.
- Notify your donor to send the endorsed check to:
University of Arizona
Office of Student Financial Aid
P.O. Box 210066
Make sure to keep a copy of all records and receipts of payments from external scholarships.
Thank your donors: (Sample Thank you Letter Template)
FUTURE PHYSICIANS SCHOLARSHIP