Scholarship Universe is an advanced scholarship management system for students at the University of Arizona. Scholarship Universe can help match you to thousands of UA and non-UA scholarship opportunities.
College of Medicine – Tucson Scholarships
The College of Medicine – Tucson offers a variety of scholarships to entering and continuing medical students.
Up to 10 percent of UArizona College of Medicine – Tucson students are eligible to receive free tuition while helping address the state’s primary care shortage in underserved areas. For Spring 2020, the application window will open from the November 22, 2019 until Monday, January 2, 2020, at 5:00 p.m.
Partnership with COM & Navajo Nation
Opens March 15th
Deadline June 25th
Key points of the Navajo Nation Future Physicians’ Scholarship Fund:
• The agreement is in effect for six years and then reviewed for renewal
• The fund will provide financial aid and academic support for up to seven Navajo scholars per year, to help them earn a medical degree from the UA College of Medicine – Tucson or the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix.
• Current UA medical students will be eligible for the awards, as will students who are accepted into the Pre-Medical Admissions Pathway (PMAP) program at the UA College of Medicine – Tucson, or the Pathway Scholars Program (PSP) at the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix. Both programs are designed to prepare students from rural and economically challenged parts of Arizona to qualify for entrance to medical school.
• Navajo medical students who receive support from the Navajo Nation Future Physicians’ Scholarship Fund, and earn their medical degrees, will be required to serve the Navajo people for a minimum of five years upon completing their post-MD medical residency programs.
• The UA Colleges of Medicine in Tucson and Phoenix will match the scholarship funds provided to students by the Navajo Department of Diné (Navajo) Education.
• Financial assistance will cover tuition
Qualified Tuition Reduction (QTR) and Third-party Funding
If you are to receive QTR or any third-party payments, we will coordinate your financial aid awards around these funds. The amount of your financial aid awarded will be reduced. Please tell us if you are anticipating a QTR or other third-party payment.
External Scholarship Awards
If you receive an external award from a non-UA organization and would like to have the funds placed in your student financial aid account, please follow these steps:
- Notify the Office of Financial Aid via email at email@example.com.
- Notify your donor to send the endorsed check to:
University of Arizona
Office of Student Financial Aid
P.O. Box 210066
Make sure to keep a copy of all records and receipts of payments from external scholarships.
Thank your donors: (Sample Thank you Letter Template)